Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I look for water

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a poison in me.
    It drips, drips, drips
    Down into the caverns
    Of the inside of me,
    Forming stalactites
    Sharp and stabbing
    When I roll over in my sleep.

    I look for water,
    For rest, for peace.
    Everything is dry
    And the poison is all I have to drink.
    It crystallizes, fossilizes
    preserves and hardens my anger;
    It makes me heavy while I carry it.

    I look for water,
    A soft, cool envelope
    To sink beneath,
    Arms stretched overhead
    Blue and blue and blue and blue
    Sink like a stone,
    Rest in dust on the bottom.

    I look for water,
    To sleep, to hide.
    Feel it wash away my skin and sorrow,
    Feel it brush cool and wet along my arms,
    Feel it dissolve my anger,
    Feel it fill my throat,
    Feel it fill my heart.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sarafina mable's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    this piece is really beautiful.

    "Forming stalactites
    Sharp and stabbing
    When I roll over in my sleep."
    --this image is particularly interesting, i didn't even know what stalactite was before i read this piece (i looked it up). but what a perfect description

    "It makes me heavy while I carry it."
    --this is so applicable. i'm not exactly sure what the 'poison' is in particular to you, but it seems like it could be anything, and i especially like that about this piece.

    "Blue and blue and blue and blue
    Sink like a stone"
    --this repetition works here. kinda stylizes the piece a little more.

    "Feel it wash away my skin and sorrow"
    --its so amazing that sometimes its being in your own skin that feels like the worst curse. i like how skin and sorrow are so related here.

    a really moving piece overall [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks so much for the critique! That's why I post these, after all.

    I don't know if you were actually asking a question, sarafina, but the "poison" is really just anger. I'm typically a joyful person by nature, but for about two weeks I was just consumed with anger and I could not figure out why. I sat for hours writing and writing with a friend one night, and this was the culmination of the writing and the thing that finally broke through and gave me some peace. I still don't know the reason for it, but I'm living proof that poetry as therapy has definite value!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 26, 2004 11:45 PM: Message edited by: La Luna Unita ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •